North America is one of two continents named after the Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci, with a surface area of 24,221,490km² (9,351,969 square miles). It’s in the northern hemisphere, between the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean and to the north of South America. North America’s highest point is Alaska’s Mount McKinley, which rises to 6,194m (20,320 ft) above sea level.The heart of North America beats through towering forests, undulating fields, high-plain deserts, pulsating metropolises and offbeat oases.Countries of North America is shown below.
North America continent consists of three large nations and one large island territory that covers most of its area. They are Canada, the United States of America (USA), Mexico and Greenland.There are also seven smaller nations at its southern extreme (collectively known as Central America), around two dozen island nations and territories of various sizes in the Caribbean, and one isolated French territory off the Canadian Atlantic coast.
Although the Central American and the Caribbean regions are technically part of the North American continent, they are commonly listed separately from their larger neighbors to the north and hence the distinctive region names for both cultural and geographical reasons.
COUNTRIES OF NORTH AMERICA
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Dominican Republic
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent & Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
- El Salvador
- Costa Rica
- Canada-Canada certainly has vast expanses of breathtaking, unspoiled wilderness, but it also features some of the world’s most modern, cosmopolitan cities. From the majestic Pacific coast to the laid back beauty of the Atlantic coast, more than 5,000 KM, Canada has something for everyone.
- Greenland-A self-governing country, but officially still part of Denmark, Greenland is a vast island of stark landscapes and midnight sun.
- Mexico-Mexico is a big tourist attraction for sun-seekers and historians alike; the former flock to Mexico’s tropical beaches, while the latter find the artifacts of the ancient Aztec and Mayan civilization fascinating.
- United States of America-One of the largest, most ethnically diverse and multicultural nations on Earth includes some of the world’s most famous cities, natural parks of unspeakable beauty, and virtually everything in between.
- Bermuda – overseas territory of the United Kingdom
- Saint-Pierre and Miquelon – overseas department of France
English is the best language for getting around North America continent. Mexico, Central America and portions of the Caribbean are majority Spanish. French plays a substantial role in Canada, relevant in parts of Ontario, Manitoba, and New Brunswick. Dutch is spoken in the southern Caribbean. Danish is also spoken in Greenland. Other important immigrant languages spoken North America are Cantonese, Mandarin, and Tagalog. German is still spoken in rural communities of the Amish.
Knowledge of English, Spanish, and French will be sufficient for virtually anywhere in North America.
- A road trip along Route 66.
- Explore ancient rites at mysterious Maya and Aztec ruins.
- Relaxing on a virtually undiscovered beach.
- Scaling the iconic crags of the Grand Canyon.
- Explore museums, amusement parks, concerts, and sporting events.
- Enjoy the extremely varied set of options in cuisine.
“TRAVEL IS ONLY THING YOU BUY, THAT’S MAKE YOU RICHER.”